Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday Weekend


This weekend has truly been a blast! Still can't believe that I am 40 years old, I don't "feel" it at all! I wasn't really sure how it was all gonna work out with my variety of friends that I have made here in KY and my ft. hood ladies but there were no problems and it all worked out great!


Friday, I went into work with a balloon on my chair, desk decorated and my sweet friend made me a homemade Birthday cake and brought me a present. Another coworker who hasn't even been there long brought me the cutest little coffee cup with beautiful flowers in it! I got a card from all coworkers and we happen to get pizza from our bosses to celebrate the Superbowl weekend so Free food LOL...


My phone does not work in our building so at lunch time I had noticed that my husband tried to call. I was so upset cause I had just missed it by 2 minutes. I tried to go by the exit door to get service and my boss found me saying I had a call (so confused and scared cause I never get calls like that).... but my sweet SOLDIER was so determined to talk to me on my birthday he called my emergency number I gave him before he left to my HR supervisor. I am so glad they were understanding and so happy that I got to hear his voice. I love that man so much! He made my day! At that moment, I decided NO ONE was going to ruin my weekend! Hey, my husband said I could have the whole month if I wanted too lol I might take him up on that!


After work, I went to happy hour with 2 coworkers and a wife, then my military couple bff came and had a great time. I laughed so much and knew this is exactly what I needed! But then as I started my way home, it started... my emotions just went nuts and I cried so hard. UGH, I wiped away my tears before I walked in my door cause I didn't want my nephew to see....


So, when I got home, my SWEET 17yr old nephew surprised me with some flowers and a sweet card! Ugh I love that kid! I cried like a big ol baby.. he didn't have to do that. That kid is so thoughtful and I am so very lucky to have him living with me!


So Saturday night I met my military wives and the 5 of us went out for sushi! lol of course! Then we went to a local bar and it was fun, we gotta dance! But of course living in a dry county, this little country club bar closed at midnight and we were not ready to end our night. SOOOOO, we went back to post and decided to try our local bar. UGHGHGH, needless to say it was GHETTO! Not ghetto fabulous but ghetto in what we saw girls wearing. And realized that more locals seem to go there. BUT WHY THE HELL IS IT THAT THEY STAY OPEN TIL 4AM? really? Couldn't believe it. We ended up staying in a corner and playing pool, people watched, saw some Officer wives wearing crazy outfits, doing stuff I'm embarrassed to say, and saw some I knew that I wanted to say, UM, NO Ma'am! Needless to say, we wont be going back there! We went back to my friends house and snacked on our left overs from the Sushi place and ended the night! I had a great time!


Today, I am hanging out with my nephew, washin clothes, cleaning the house some, and later watching the Superbowl! Love that its in Texas! Woop Woop! Hope everyone has had a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment