Friday, May 27, 2011

..Memorial Day

..well, it's Memorial Day weekend and I just don't have the "spirit" as everyone else does. I did get to leave work early and I did have happy hour drinks with my friend, but still no excitement about the extended weekend (yet). It will be 6 months without the love of my life and it has been taking a toll on my emotions. I miss him so very much and I "on purpose" did not make any big plans so I can relax this weekend. I wish I was home back in Texas with my loved ones. :(


I hope everyone remembers what this weekend, this Memorial Day is truly about. I think its great to have a extra day off work, some have a day off of school, great sales at the stores, bbq's, etc... Memorial Day Weekend, ask any Military Families who has lost a family member to a war or a person who has a loved one overseas and they will most likely tell you that Memorial Day is not a celebration. Its not a happy day. It was not intended to be the unofficial start to summer or a big day for race fans. Its a somber occasion meant to HONOR the men and women who have died in service for our country. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment